Looking for designers or developers for your next project?
Black Pixel offers design, development, and testing services backed by unrivaled experience.Hire Us
We're looking for a staff accountant to help with many of the day to day financial tasks at Black Pixel, so that we can continue to focus on making great software.
This is a Seattle-based position.
The Staff Accountant has responsibility for financial and managerial accounting including AR billing, daily cash management, contract administration, month-end closings and special projects. In addition, the Staff Accountant has oversight on AP processing and payroll processing.
The Staff Accountant must possess excellent interpersonal and technical skills to meet job and project requirements. These include, but are not limited to, managing accounts receivable, monitoring cash flow and the performing the general accounting functions for the Company.
- Maintain accounting records in QuickBooks, preparing the necessary accruals and adjustments to report on both cash and accrual basis.
- Responsibility for customer invoicing and collections, ensuring timely and accurate billing.
- Track client billings versus purchase orders to proactively manage remaining hours to be billed
- Responsible for timely reconciliation of all major balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate with external accountant during annual preparation of tax returns
- Main point of contact for outside CPA and contract bookkeeper
- Assist the Finance Director to provide up-to-date short and long term financial projections
- Assist the Finance Director with annual budgeting and projects, as needed.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records
- Assist in the reporting of Key Performance Indicators on a regular basis
- Maintain technical competency for core responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
It is expected that the following duties will be performed in a timely, accurate manner while following appropriate procedures and meeting applicable standards of performance and deadlines.
- Prepare and enter month-end and quarter-end journal entries.
- Overall responsibility for timely and accurate billing of hours worked, forecasted hours to be worked and client reimbursable expenses.
- Assist in cash management including preparation of other reports/forecasts requested by senior management. Provide support to maintain the monthly cash flow forecast.
- Analyze operational and financial performance, including performance to budgets and projections.
- Prepare special reports and manage projects as requested.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: EDUCATION
Minimum BA or BS in Accounting or related field from an accredited educational institution, or equivalent in relevant work experience.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE
Minimum two years progressive experience in finance and accounting, preferably in the software/application development industry.
Prior experience with Quickbooks is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly organized, accuracy and detail-oriented; possesses a big-picture perspective and is well-versed in efficient processes and procedures
- Excellent judgment in prioritizing and managing projects and deadlines
- Develops and maintains open and trusting working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to make sound judgments or solve problems independently while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of management, along with proposed solutions
- Proficient in use of iWork, primarily Numbers and Pages
WORK DIRECTION OVER OTHERS
Provide oversight on accounts payable and payroll processing, including timely and accurate reporting in QuickBooks
The Staff Accountant is expected to take initiative and, with minimal supervision, achieve objectives within deadlines set by the Finance Director.
In addition to being a great job in a great industry, this position also offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great health insurance plan, including spouses, domestic partners, and children
- The ability to grow into more responsibility over time
If you think you're a good match for this position, please send your resumé along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.