Looking for designers or developers for your next project?
Black Pixel offers design, development, and testing services backed by unrivaled experience.Hire Us
Core Data is a great option for managing your iOS app's data. As Black Pixel Developer Michael Gachet explains in his article "Some Lessons Learned on Core Data," this Apple framework allows you to:
- Define entities with properties (called attributes) and relationships with other entities (one-to-one, one-to-many, or many-to-many). This is what you do when you create your Core Data model in Xcode.
- Create, delete, retrieve, and, more generally, manage instances of those entities (called managed objects) at runtime.
- Persist those managed objects to memory or disk.
Using Core Data saves you time by optimizing the development cycle. It also provides a consistent and robust way to manage persistent data. To help you get started, take a look at our graphic that simplifies some of Core Data's key components, and check out Black Pixel Developer Jared Sinclair's tutorial on how to add Core Data to a project.
- Thoughts on Core Data Stack Configuration
- Core Data Tips from our team
- Apple's Developer Documentation